Lourdes IT supports over 50 schools across different products, and our help desk is at the core of our support. Whether it is supporting an end-user in how to use technology, liaising with external suppliers to support their products, or supporting our technicians - this is a key role within our team.
Based at our central office in Redditch, you will be provided all the tools you need to deliver the best support possible.
This role is initially a year contract and is for 42.5 hours per week, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- To provide support to users who call our central helpdesk, from one of our supported sites.
- To provide advice and guidance to first-line technicians.
- Ensure that the Lourdes IT team’s ethos and values are promoted
- Actively support the Catholic Multi Academy ethos and policies, including the Catholic ethos of the Academy and safeguarding policies
- To be a key part of our central helpdesk, responding to calls, online chats, and tickets submitted through the system.
- Resolving, escalating, or assigning tickets as required to other team members.
- Make sure all requests for ICT Support, new projects/purchases, or major changes are recorded on the helpdesk
- Respond to support requests according to department procedures, recording detailed diagnostic information and using appropriate knowledge base/logs to inform diagnosis and resolution.
- Determine whether an immediate solution is both required and possible; ensure steps are taken to find a permanent solution if not immediately possible.
- Ensure that service requests are responded to or fixed or escalated according to the targets outlined in the Service Level Agreement.
- Liaise with the central service desk team, the IT Services Lead, IT Operations Manager, external providers/manufacturers to facilitate the resolution of service requests.
This role is at our 2nd line level, where we would expect candidates to have experience of supporting IT in either a corporate or educational setting for at least 2 years.
Experience with the following is useful:
- Office 365
- Azure / Endpoint Manager
- Local Servers and associated tools (Active Directory, Group Policy, Networking)
- Using a help desk to manage tickets
- Experience in providing support to end-users.
To discuss this role - please HR